Tuesday 16 December 2008

Lil' Mickey's contract - part 2!

An eventful weekend saw United win handsomely at Portsmouth 3-0 with all the goals coming in the second half. As a result, we moved so quickly up the table I almost got a nose bleed! If you're the sort of person who's cup is always "half full" then we're almost mid table. Alternatively if its "half empty", we're 1 point above 3rd bottom - and no doubt regretting the points we threw away against Man City, Wigan and Stoke.

Given that we can't trust any statements made in the press to be accurate or even truthful these days, an equally important event for me was a direct question to Lil Mickey by the sky sports post-match interviewer about his contract situation. His response is set out below - although the press would have us believe that subsequent to his interview Cashley has made a derisory offer of a contract for the next 3 years - with strings.

One thing is certain - the teams who are competing with us to avoid relegation would think all their christmases had come at once if they had Michael Owen in their team.

Wonder if the fat cockney t shirt salesman realises that??

Owen comments - Sunday:
"I haven’t spoken to the club about my contract despite all the speculation in the papers. I can’t do anything until I sit down and start negotiating.
"I feel I have a bit more to offer than just a six-month contract because I have a bit more to offer, having just turned 29!
"Like most of these things it is meant to be private - this has attracted it’s fair share of attention and we know things are never quiet in Newcastle."


Kinnear comments - Sunday:
"I’ve got a good relationship with Michael – I get on exceptionally well with the lad.
"I’d love him to stay, and we’ll put what we consider to be the best possible offer to Michael, and then the ball will be in Michael’s court.
"Other than that, I can assure you Michael won’t be going (in the transfer window). With the money I’d get for Michael, being realistic, I couldn’t get anybody to score as many goals as Michael.
"Michael knows my feelings."

No comments: